- There are no age restrictions for the recipients for the gift.
- You must be a resident of South Carolina living in the counties of Calhoun, Chester, Darlington, Fairfield, Florence, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, and Sumter.
- You must provide a statement from your physician on their letterhead, stating that you are currently under active treatment/therapy. Active treatment or therapy is considered those treatments for newly diagnosed cancer or recurrence of previous diagnosed cancer. (Maintenance treatment/therapy will not be applicable for this benefit. Maintenance treatment/therapy is considered preventive drugs, routine doctor visits, labs, scans, etc. An example of preventive drugs would be femara, tamoxifen, arimidex, etc. Maintenance treatment/therapy are for those individuals who are cancer free.)
- A Community Resource Partner, such as a social worker, nurse navigator, or doctor, must sign the application certifying that you need assistance.
- Along with the completed application, you must provide copies of the current bills that you are requesting assistance.
- Eviction notices and Independent Landlords must submit additional information. Please notify CMC to request additional forms.
- Along with the completed application and documentation, a completed cover letter should be attached to the front of the application.
- CMC only assist with non-medical bills.
- All gifts are paid directly to the service provider.
- An approved Small Gift Application is a one-time gift and is NOT a reoccurring payment assistance program.
- Applicant must live at the same address as the submitted invoice or bill.
Please download the application and cover letter and submit to: email@example.com.
Submit questions through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to reviewing applications promptly. However, due to the large volume of applications, we may not respond to each application within 24 hours.